Terms and Conditions
The following terms are the base of all contracts between Call in The Caterers and the customer for the services and goods supplied by Call in The Caterers.
Definitions. In these terms and conditions, CiTC means Call in The Caterers. ‘The Client’ means the person, making the booking, and ‘the Booking’ means the function to be catered for by CiTC. ‘The Quotation’ means CiTC’s quotation of price based on the estimated number of persons who will be attending the booking.
1. Confirmations. The Client must confirm all bookings in writing. The Client’s signature will confirm acceptance both of the Quotation and of these Terms and Conditions. Confirmation of details by email will mean the same. Quotations are valid for three months from the date of quotation.
2. For special event catering a non-refundable deposit of 15% of the total booking price is payable to secure the booking. For weddings and large events totalling over £1000 a further 35% of the total invoice value is due 28 days prior to the event. The outstanding balance i.e. remaining 50% is due seven days prior to your event in full in cleared funds. In the event of the cancellation of an event by the client, the following percentage of the sales value will be charged to the client:
Cancellation 60 days or more prior to the event – loss of Deposit as in clause 3
Cancellation between 14 days and 28 days before the event - 50% of total quoted cost
Cancellation up to 14 days before the event = 100% of total quoted cost
3. For corporate functions first orders will be payable on delivery. Further orders will be payable on 30 days gross terms.
4. For outstanding invoices which remain unpaid after 30 days gross CiTC reserves the right to charge interest on the outstanding balance at 15% APR and in severe cases of non payment legal action will be taken.
5. Written confirmation of the final number of guests is due 10 working days before the event. The final invoice will be calculated based on this number. After this date CiTC will endeavour to accept a rise in guest numbers but will be unable to offer refunds if numbers decrease. Details of special dietary requirements must be given by this date.
6. All dates remain open and bookable until such time as a deposit payment and written confirmation have been received.
7. CiTC reserve the right to refuse to provide catering service if our payment terms are not adhered to.
8. All food and catering shall be exclusively provided by CiTC or subcontractors of CiTC with prior agreement of the client.
9. At times it may be necessary due to seasonal or supplier circumstances beyond our control to vary the menu. Substitutes will be of equal monetary value and we will endeavour to inform you of any changes prior to your event.
10.Where applicable quotes include the provision of staff to lay up tables. Please note that CiTC employees are not responsible for setting out tables and chairs or other furniture movement (unless prior agreement has been arranged).
11. All damage to equipment caused by the client or their guests will be charged at the full replacement cost or the charge levied by third party suppliers.
12. Damaged or missing linen will be charged for at the full replacement cost as charged by any third party supplier.
13. It is the clients’ responsibility to ensure there is adequate facility to dispose of all rubbish (refuse and bottle removal) should bins not be provided. Refuse will be left on site in suitable bin bags.
14. CiTC does not accept any liability for non-completion or delays of the event in the unlikely result of adverse weather conditions, traffic, accident or road closure, civil riots or strikes. Fire, flood or any other act of god or natural disaster, or any other event which is beyond the reasonable control of CiTC.
15. In the event of a function over running past the agreed finish time CiTC reserve the right to make an additional charge of £10.00 per hour, per staff member.
16. Any complaint must be made verbally within 24 hours of the event concerned and followed in writing not more than 48 hours after the event date. Complaints received after this time lapse will not be eligible for any refund/compensation due to dispute on the client’s part.
17. Inappropriate behaviour towards any member of the CiTC team by clients or guests will not be tolerated. In the event of any incidents an incident record will be kept and if necessary the police will be contacted. CiTC reserve the right to terminate service with immediate effect if ‘incidents’ are not dealt with appropriately by the client. In this instance no compensation will be payable for incomplete service.
18. Call in The Caterers confirms that they have and will maintain sufficient Public Liability Insurance for events of the nature of the booking.
Law of the contract. British Law shall govern the contract, which incorporates these Terms and Conditions, and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.